Ski The Tasman is a classic Kiwi skiing adventure operated by Alpine Guides (Aoraki) Ltd – New Zealand’s longest established mountain guiding company. We have been based in Mount Cook since 1966.
Every fine day, our expert qualified guides will take small groups of adventurous skiers on to the white vastness of the Tasman Glacier. Landing at 2.500 metres for the first of 2 breathtaking ski runs – 8 to 10 kilometres long.
New Zealand’s longest glacier, at 27km, the Tasman offers an incredible back-country ski experience, for skiers of almost all ability levels.
You will ski amongst glacial seracs, ice caves, and fantastic natural ice sculptures beneath the amazing backdrop of New Zealand’s highest peaks.
Flying every fine day 01 July - 30 September
- NZ’s 2 longest ski runs - 8 to 10 km long, each run is a 1,000 metre vertical descent
- 3 scenic ski plane flights with snow landings
- Professional mountain guide services
- A picnic lunch on the snow
- Safety equipment, including avalanche transceivers
- Return airport transfers from accommodation in Mount Cook (if required)