Plateau Hut Overnight
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Aoraki Mount Cook, South Canterbury
- Product code: Plateau OVERNIGHT
Looking for an extraordinary experience? Alpine Guides' Plateau Hut Overnight trip is the perfect 'easy' mountain adventure and a trip to one of New Zealand's most iconic alpine locations.
You will stay at a modern NZ alpine hut, and enjoy the thrill of glaciated 'big-mountain' terrain, accompanied by your professional guide.
Then, roped for glacier travel, safely trek to the summit of Glacier Dome (2,452 metres) - a snow-clad but non-technical peak on the flanks of Aoraki Mount Cook itself!Highlights
- Stay overnight at one of NZ's most spectacular alpine huts
- Trek across a glacier
- Use crampons/snowshoes and ice axe to ascend a peak
- Spectacular scenic flights to and from your hut
- Delicious evening meal and breakfast prepared by your guide
Plateau Hut can be visited year-round. However, December and early-January is peak climbing season.
At that time the hut is extremely busy and noisy during the small hours of the morning.
We do not recommend booking in December, through mid-January - unless you want the 'full' alpine experience!Please ensure you have arranged your trip date with us - before making a booking!